RE: Europa-List: sight tube too aged

Subject: RE: Europa-List: sight tube too aged
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:25:12
Hi Fred,

I have purchased some =BD=94 I.D. clear pvc pipe, which is the smallest
that the
local plumbing supply had, but have not mounted it yet. I might go for
the
smaller stuff though, since you have furnished me with a supplier. To
keep
the weight down, am considering =91plastic welding=92 some pvc fittings
to the
end pieces of the tubing, but have never done it before, so the gotchas
aren=92t known yet. Then a location needs to be found for where to
install it
in the cockpit module.  Do you have a few pictures of your install? This
could help me find a place for it.

Someone on the matronix site has tried the PVC tubing with fuel for
quite
some time(John L, I think), and so far there is no yellowing. One
restriction is temperature. I heard it will break down over time at 140
degrees F or so.

Thanks much,

Greg F.

  _____