RE: Europa-List: sight tube too aged

Subject: RE: Europa-List: sight tube too aged
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:57:36
Hi Dave,

No need for reposting..

Thanks for your response. I was thinking of mounting the original tubing
two fittings around the seat area. Since there would be so much left
over
---From not doing the sight gauge up front, the plan was to replace it
every
year to solve the discoloration problem once exposed to fuel. Just
wanted to
know what the qualities of the tubing were when it was new, to see how
much
it had deteriorated in the intervening years. It seems to be on the way
out,
even with never being exposed to fuel, and in a plastic bag for some of
its
(limited) life.  I am now assuming the tubing may be too far gone, and
starting to look into other options, leaning towards the =BD=94 pvc
pipe. Not
quite sure the best place to locate it, at this point. If someone has a
link
to, or a pic of one currently installed, it may give me a better idea.

Thanks again,

Greg

  _____