Re: Europa-List: mono brake mounting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: mono brake mounting
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:10:12

>There is a metal insert in the tunnel wall (the area you call the
>"plain resin area"). The mounting holes need to go in this area,
>parallel to the top of the tunnel

John - thanks for that confirmation.

So, if the cylinder is parallel to the top of the tunnel, the filling
hole will be at the lower end of the cylinder. How does the air in
the upper end of the cylinder get expelled when trying to fill the
brake system with fluid or to bleed it? All sounds potentially messy.

Seems it would be better if the cylinder was tilted downwards at the
front so the filler hole was at the highest point of the cylinder -
of course that would reduce the length of lever available above the
tunnel so would probably be undesirable. I suppose one answer would
be to tilt the whole fuselage tail-up when filling the brake system

regards

Rowland