Europa-List: mono brake mounting

Subject: Europa-List: mono brake mounting
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 09:48:36

The manual shows a measurement for positioning the monowheel brake
master cylinder which looks as though it might be made parallel to
the top corenr of the tunnel moulding. However, that would put one of
the mounting holes in a brown foam area which would obviously crush
when the mounting fastener was tightened. However, measuring
horizontally with the fuselage lying on the ground (instead of
slantwise along the top corner of the tunnel) puts both holes in a
plain resin area, which I feel confident is the correct location.

However, (since I can't rely on the picture on the manual) I'm
wondering about the angle at which the master cylinder is mounted.
Should it be parallel to the tunnel top, or should it be as near to
horizontal as possible (with the fuselage level), or should it be
horizontal in the tail-down attitude (to make bleeding easier)?

Any suggestions?

regards

Rowland