Re: Europa-List: Wing sling belting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing sling belting
From: Kim Prout <kpaviat@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:04:49

Hi Fergus! I replaced my sling material with conveyer belt material approx
.050 thick and 4 inches width to support the wing without sagging. To keep
the material from chaffing the wing surface, I first lined the sling with a
thin soft rubber material against the sling and then put a thin layer of
fine felt on the rubber. In other words, the felt contacts the wing so any
rubbing does not result in much friction or staining and the rubber material
absorbs any shock to prevent denting or deformation. You may have to adjust
the width  of the metal support at the sling mounting area to allow for
thickness variations. There are numerous materials available from
McMaster-Carr. Hope this helps!
Kim Prout