Europa-List: Wing sling belting

Subject: Europa-List: Wing sling belting
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:39:42

Cheers,
        Another cry in the wilderness.........
        The original classic trailer wing slings were made from fairly
compliant black rubber which over the years has lent a tender black smudge
on the wing surfaces in my latest transport attempt. Consumed by rage and
jealousy, I ripped the offending materials from the carcass, and am now left
with bitter regret and bits of rubber - and the strange feeling I may have
been a touch venal.
        I am assuming that some of the early trailer-ites may have
encountered the same disappointment and discovered a suitable replacement. I
would like to think there's a supple, strong, compliant white compound
(perhaps food belting) out there waiting to be scooped up and a thankful
discoverer just keening to share his victory information.
        I've tried gleaning details from McMaster-Carr but I'm no chemist
and the technical characteristics escape me. As a result I have five feet of
intransigent, vicious brown crud in the garage waiting to chew holes in my
wings. I'll hoof it with the pinions strapped to my back first...
        If you have superior knowledge and/or experience in this endeavour.
let me be the first to help distribute it. Please?
Ferg
Europa Classic A064 still bumbling ahead