Europa-List: Re: Strobe problem

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Strobe problem
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:29:33

Sorry Bryan,

You'll have to get to the box for meaningful diagnosis. There is very little
to do without that step.  You did not describe the failure, is it just
complete lights out, intermittent, one sided, or something else?

When you flip the switch in the cabin, does the ammeter react?

As Bud suggests, you need to find out if juice is flowing out to the supply
box.  If it is not, you can fix that. If it isn't I would recommend you
disconnect the three wire bulb leads and check continuity one at a time
(since they do not connect at the bulb) with a long extension wire.
If those are OK, then send the box out for repair.  I would not feel
comfortable explaining the innards since very high voltage lives there
and you would probably require a scope to check anything but an
internal fuse.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: