Europa-List: Fuel tank dimensions

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel tank dimensions
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:41:28
I am considering a new tank - I don't like the prospect of a crack when
flying over Norwegian terrain - - - - - .  Will in case make it higher
than the original to compensate for less width (so as to get it into the
fuselage after cutting open the cockpit module top) and in order to get
more long range fuel capacity.

Before I remove the existing tank, I wish to evaluate tank material,
dimensions and design details as far as possible, and only make small
adjustments after taking actual measurement of the available space.

I have received a sketch with dimensions from EA2004, but they cannot
confirm that it is an as-built drawing.  The problem is that the volume
calculated on the basis of this sketch is about 20% larger than what our
tanks actually contain.

If anyone has a tank not yet installed, I would appreciate very much to
receive the dimensions A to E as marked on the attached sketch  - in
millimeters or inches.  Note:  Measurement E should be taken close to
the centerline, not in way of the recesses for the aileron
quick-connects at the sides.  I have blacked out the dimensions received
---From Europa, in order not to mislead anyone.

Best regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ