Re: Europa-List: Fuel tank dimensions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel tank dimensions
From: raggi6771 <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 10:06:40

Svein, yes the wrap of the alloy tank was as you suggested to add a second layer
of sealing and make the tank stronger as well. I started
making a totally vinyl ester tank, but had concerns about mounting the
fittings into the tank and getting a good seal. The plan was to allow filling
through the "overflow" from the reserve back into the filler neck above
the main tank inlet, and also if desired the reserve pump could be turned
on during filling, or before, to fill the reserve from the main, as in theory
the main should still have fuel in it. The reserve pump i have will pump
15 litres a minute in free state and up to about 35 psi if restricted which
will fill the reserve quickly either way.

As for the seats and the headrests etc I reuse the original and glass it back on
with a slight reduction in width front to back
to maintain the angles. I dint believe it is possible to get a good bond
between epoxy and vinyl ester resin so I  have i the reserve tank "captive"
between
the main tank and the seat top.

Given the reserve tank is long and not very tall, the tank has baffles
to stop the fuel running from side to side if it is less than full.

Its not quite as much fuel as the plug in long range tank Europa sell
but it is close, and it should meet the requirements of only drawing fuel
---From one tank at a time that some countries have.

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org