Re: Europa-List: An another incident for Finnish Europa around Barkaby

Subject: Re: Europa-List: An another incident for Finnish Europa around Barkaby
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:41:45

Raimo, The material I have in mind is aluminium mesh of the sort that could
be used as radiator grills in home built cars. A 5cm strip of this could be
fitted right down the close outs to the rear lift pins and across the
strengthening bar. It would not weigh a lot, but would have conducting
capacity much in excess of Nav light wires (which seem to have served as
lightning conductors for a number of victims), and most importantly would
encourage the course of the strike to be outside structures that matter in
flight - at least that's the way I see it and it appears to be what the UK
CAA experts have said is desirable for gliders.  Regards, David Joyce,
G-XSDJ