RE: Europa-List: tourque tube troubles

Subject: RE: Europa-List: tourque tube troubles
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 18:30:12

 Paul, There was a discussion about this a few months ago. I used a T6 alum
inium tube from ACS. Someone pointed out that the interior should be plated
 with something first, but I can't remember what that process was. I think
the reasoning was dissimilar metals and possibility of corrosion. My torque
 tube is always greased because I have seen corrosion on at least one Europ
a, with the regular setup.Being in UK, you may want to check with Roger if
their supplier can cut you two longer tubes out of the same material as TP5

From: europa@pstewart.f2s.comSubject: Re: Europa-List: tourque tube trouble
sDate: Tue, 27 May 2008 17:57:18 +0100To: europa-list@matronics.com; rich@t
uckwell.netKarl

Thanks for the information. Can you tell me where you got suitable material
 to make a 'full length' TP5?  or what sort of material and size it was?

Regards

Paul
G-GIDY