RE: Europa-List: Araldite 420/2102 - Availabilty

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Araldite 420/2102 - Availabilty
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 17:22:06
I and others have mentioned this before on this site about expiration dates on
the Redux.  Alot of  that is due to how long they want to keep records and
liability.
If you are concerned about the suitability of the material concerning
its expriation date make a test coupon.  Make a lap sample of the thickness or
number of plies of fiberglass etc that you are  anticipating to bond in service
and do a destructive test.  If the fibereglass breaks or tears before the
bond separates you can reasonably be assured your material is still good.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa AZ