Re: Europa-List: Setting the wing incidence

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Setting the wing incidence
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 10:34:11

Dan
with respect I lifted the following out of your website, I would like to
add that these Tufnol supports are equally vital for easy damage free
rigging. Especially monowheels. You can't stop the wing sliding
backwards. I have given Andy earache more than once for leaving this out
of the manual, ( he was intensely pressurized at the time)

Only other useful remark would be that the incidence at the tip of the
flaps is more important than the incidence at the wing root.

Graham

danbish wrote:
First, I'm assuming that you have been able to get the wings in the
fuselage with the pins full through both port & starboard sides. If you
haven't already, make up guides out of tufnol to support and guide the
spars/wings into the correct position. This isn't mentioned in the
manual but is shown in great detail in photos on Bob Borger's album on
the Europa Owner's gallery. (Thanks Bob for making those available. They
were invaluable!). There's just no way to keep the wings held in the
right position throughout the process of setting the incidence without
these, IMHO.

First, I'm assuming that you have been able to get the wings in the
fuselage with the pins full through both port & starboard sides. If you
haven't already, make up guides out of tufnol to support and guide the
spars/wings into the correct position. This isn't mentioned in the
manual but is shown in great detail in photos on Bob Borger's album on
the Europa Owner's gallery. (Thanks Bob for making those available. They
were invaluable!). There's just no way to keep the wings held in the
right position throughout the process of setting the incidence without
these, IMHO.

> There are a few photos that might help at:
>
> http://www.europaowners.org/modules.php?set_albumName=FittingWings&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
>
> Anyway, this is what worked for me but I'm not flyin' yet so I might just find
I fly around in circles!

--
Graham Singleton

Tel: +441629820187