Re: Europa-List: Setting the wing incidence

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Setting the wing incidence
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 16:36:02

On Wednesday, May 7, 2008, at 14:12 US/Pacific, Robert C Harrison wrote:

> No! William =85.NO SLOT OUT OF ANY RIB, PLEASE.-Just a scallop -out o
> the close out air upper surface. The Rib is one of the most stressed
> items in the wing do not encroach into it.

Bob,

What pray tell is the "close out air upper surface"?    Is there a
slight typo in your post?

Are you saying that a "scallop" out of the top flange of the root rib
is OK?  I certainly hope so, as one was required on both my wings for
me to insert the pip pins. I recognise that this is a highly stressed
portion of a key component.

Fred

--
believed to be clean.