Re: Europa-List: Re : Refueling (Rotax)

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re : Refueling (Rotax)
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 23:38:10

Hi John

How do you know if you have ALWAYS used 100LL?

OK - "unhappy" was maybe too strong expression.
Anyway - my engines sound is much more harsh /coarse w 100LL.
And changeing oils every 25 hrs is annouing.
Typical new cars oil change interval is about 400 - 500 hrs.

Despite that I do not carry any canister with me. I am too lazy to do that!
That means I use mogas only when refueling in my homebase EFTP.
If landing to any other airport - 100LL goes to the tank.

In my case it is maybe 50-50 and so I am a mixed user and oil changes will be in
every 37,5 hrs...

> I also had problems with fuel coming from the breather vent during
> filling.

I have learnt to have a feeling just before it comes out.
I can hear like giants breathing and then it is time to have a little break.
With my new electric refueling aid  no problem any more.
I push the filler tube to the bottom of the tank and that makes the trick.

John, you will have a 1000 hrs cake in the year 2012.
That means more than 125 000 miles behind you - five times around the ball!

The weather just now here in Finland cannot be better.

Kippis and thanks, Raimo