Europa-List: Flying to the UK.

Subject: Europa-List: Flying to the UK.
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:27:34
Hello Jos,

I was also puzzled by these two documents which say just the opposite!
I have been flying several times to the UK since this AN52 was
published. Every time I sent my request for an exemption and  did not
receive any response. I always take a copy of my request with me.
I flew to Guernsey last Tuesday, I sent my request for exemption with
the same result. By the way all the Channel Island airports now require
that aircraft operating on a Permit to Fly get a written permission.
Application should be accompanied by copies of aircraft insurance and
permit to fly. This requirement is mentioned on the Visual Approach
Chart. As my Europa has a french C of A, I do not consider it is a
Permit to Fly so I did not ask permission and this did not make any
problem there.
Regards
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL

Jos Okhuijsen wrote:
Don't know if this has resulted in what i am experiencing:
"In accordance with Airworthiness Notice 52, owners of foreign
registered amateur
built aircraft do not require a CAA Exemption."
However Notice 52 then wants me to email or fax data, and i should have
a confirmation
of the reception of that data with me. Otherwise i am not legal.
However, no reply. Is there somebody in our midst who knows where to
ask? The CAA
does not to have phone numbers, less any living persons name to talk to.
Not
nice at all.