RE: Europa-List: leaks on cooling system

Subject: RE: Europa-List: leaks on cooling system
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:43:35

Hi! Ferg/Ron/all
Courtesy Ivor Phillips I've used the same spring clamps which are
Vauxall motor parts. However I also used the "remote applicator" from
Halfords which I found needed a slight lip up stand welding to it to
prevent the spring clips flying out so easily. It was also necessary to
remove (dremel cutter) the "stop tag" from the clip to open them enough
to get over Ivor's slightly larger diameter pipes.
I had to resort to using a jubilee screw clip on the water pump
connection pipe since it is a stubby piece of pipe of insufficient
length to accommodate the wide band spring clips.
I will say that these spring clips are far more professional than the
original jubilee screw clips and the remote applicator allows access
where it's impossible to get two hands at the same time.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG