Re: Europa-List: leaks on cooling system

Subject: Re: Europa-List: leaks on cooling system
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 04:37:59

Hi Ferg

" I followed the discussion and found solace in spring band clamps per
> McMaster-Carr page 252 bottom, and the pliers suggested thereto. Is this
> what the conference is on? I have to move the two forward coolant lines,
> starboard side to accommodate the SD20 alternator and hope these satisfy the
> need........
>       Did you do this?"

I didn't yet do final install of 914. When I had it hung temporary, I
ordered clamps I thought I would need. Will use spring band clamps on all
coolant connections. I can't remember exactly which clamps I got from
McMaster, but they I think only carry the very wide ones, and they also
were missing exact size I needed for some. I too ordered the pliers, very
good investment. Best wear goggles when doing install, if one ever failed
or slipped out of pliers it has easy potential of blinding you. I fooled
with other than purpose built pliers, far more dangerous. I supplemented
McMaster clamps with Rotor clip order.

Ron Parigoris