Re: Europa-List: leaks on cooling system

Subject: Re: Europa-List: leaks on cooling system
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:35:24

Hi Jos

"Anyboby with a source and or partnumber for 25 mm spring hose clamps?"

I am not a tremendous fan of hose clamps that hold a constant dimension on
something that heats up and cools down. If you overtighten to prevent cold
leaking, it can permanent damage hose once things expand when things warm
up.

http://rotorclip.com/

to the rescue.

Rotax changed over to band style spring clamps for coolant hoses for just
the reason described.

www.mcmaster.com sells Wide-Band Self-Tightening Spring Hose and Tube
Clamps on page 252.

I know I ordered a full compliment for my 914 install, some from McMaster,
and some from Rotorclip. I can't remember if I ordered direct from
Rotorclip, or if they gave me a distributor and ordered from them.

For what it is worth, I have a set of blue Silicone hoses for 914, which
are slippery creatures compared to traditional hose.

Ron Parigoris

PS McMaster has a nice selection of Miniature Bolt Hose and Tube Clamps in
304 SS on page 251 "fuel, sight, vent" line and other from 19/64" up to
45/64".