Europa-List: Rotax approved oils

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax approved oils
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:26:39
Greetings team,

I received the following response from Dean at Lockwood's Aerotechnical
Institute regarding Pennzoil and it's apparent drop from the Rotax approved oils

list. I've been given permission to post his response here. Apparently,
Pennzoil  3888 still meets all the Rotax requirements, but is being discontinued
by
Pennzoil's new owner, Shell. Shell is about to release a new oil that is more
 specifically formulated for the Rotax 9xx series. Dean sent another update
on  this to me this morning. He said he'd learned over the weekend that it
won't be  months and months before the new oil is released, but rather in fairly

short  order, although he didn't give a specific date for release.

Anyway, hope this helps clear some of the fog regarding Pennzoil and  Rotax.

Regards,

John  Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)
N245E - Flying

>From Dean at Aerotechnical Institute:

True, Pennzoil Motorcycle oil has been  removed from the recommended list.
That doesn't mean, however, that it is  being recommended against.  It still
meets the requirements in the  Service Instruction for oil selection.

Why was it removed?  Rotax  hasn't given us an answer, but here are a couple
hints.  There are  several more Shell oils on the list that weren't there
before, and Shell oil  now owns Pennzoil.  You can put 2 and 2 together.

Shell is telling  us that they will be coming out with a new oil for the
Rotax 9xx  engines.  It will be several months, however, so in the mean time,
we  are still recommending Pennzoil Motorcycle oil for those who don't want
to  use Mobil 1 Racing 4T or V-Twin.

Does that  help?
Dean<<<<

Home.