RE: Europa-List: Wing dolley - where to put the pivot point

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Wing dolley - where to put the pivot point
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:13:53

Hi! Alan
I mused about this problem when I built my wing dolly and also since
having used it often. However when I rig with a helper, who initially
handles the tip, when I take over the tip end from him having engaged
the spar, I lift the tip trailing edge with one hand until he is out of
the way, so my thoughts are that the tip end C of G is in fact behind
the trailing edge (in fresh air!) when the root end of the wing is
supported  by the spar.
In other words you can not make the dolly to fit the C of G. I plumped
for approx. mid chord for the pivot.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG