Europa-List: Convention Gear Europa

Subject: Europa-List: Convention Gear Europa
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:02:39

Hi all,

Well at last my conventional gear kit is ready to be shipped.  It was
my intention to fit this over the winter, so I guess it becomes next
winters project.

In the mean time I am going to start accumulating parts, photographs
etc. in preparation.  I am looking for some experience and advice
about brakes.  I have tracked down finger brakes used for dune
buggies.  Does anyone know if they are similar as to what is used in
the Trig gear ? See:

http://www.mooreparts.com/store/product/2257/CNC452SB-34/

They are available in two bore sizes, 5/8 and 3/4.  What bore sizes
are used in the Europa ?  Also, what type of brake fluid is used ?

I have taken delivery of a jack screw drive for my flaps, could
someone point me towards the trigear install pages that detail out how
this is fitted.

Thanks,  Paul