RE: Europa-List: High temperature fiberglass

Subject: RE: Europa-List: High temperature fiberglass
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:31:51

From: pete@lawless.infoTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: RE: Europa-Lis
t: High temperature fiberglassDate: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 08:18:34 +0000

Karl do you mean 4.5 degrees C above OAT?

-----Original Message-----From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com [mai
lto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Karl HeindlSent: 0
9 March 2008 02:55To: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: RE: Europa-List: Hi
gh temperature fiberglass

  Paul, I wouldn't know the answers to those questions. Most 912S's have th
at shroud. I once checked the temperature under the shroud and found it onl
y to be about 45C above oat. I was hoping to tap into that for cabin heat,
but it wasn't hot enough, at least not near the front of the engine. Of cou
rse the under cowling temperatures rise dramatically after engine shutdown.
paul.the.aviator@gmail.com> To: europa-list@matronics.com> Subject: Europa-
ul McAllister" <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>> > Hi all,> > I was looking at
a Rotax installation in a Diamond Kintana the other> day and I noticed that
 they have manufactured a fiberglass plenum air> duct to drive the airflow
over the cylinder heads and downwards.> > Anyhow, I am curious about what t
ype of fiberglass cloth and resin> system they use that could withstand the
 temperatures under the> cowling. Does anyone have any idea ?> >===
.matronics.com/contribution -- This message has been scanned for viruses an
d dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.