Re: Europa-List: High temperature fiberglass

Subject: Re: Europa-List: High temperature fiberglass
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 09:43:01

Robert C Harrison a crit :
> I had to apply heat to the plenum/hood and it responds to
> temperature and allows a deformation so IMHO it is still standard resin
> and fiberglass.
> I am catching air aft of oil cooler and radiator with adequate heat (not
> as hot as I used to get from the Jabiru oil Cooler but comfortable.

Bob and all,

This airshroud is not transparent, its opaque appearance reminds me of
the so-called "High temp" resin we used for some parts in the engine
compartment. Those part needed some heat treatment in an oven after cure
in order to avoid brittleness.

I too devised a cabin heat pickup in the rear of the radiator tunnel.
The radiators are in tandem, so we get plenty of heat, especially when
OAT is cold and the tunnel flap is closed.

Best regards,
--
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr