Re: Europa-List: IMC rating

Subject: Re: Europa-List: IMC rating
From: Steve Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:09:10

Thanks Bob that was just the sort of feedback I was looking for. I found it
extremely frustrating that having paid and trained for the IMC (I saw it as
a further development course that was going to keep me skilled and safe with
my flying) that the ATC units could not see anything other than a nuisance
to their Commercial operations.
I have feedback from a well respected and experienced trainer/examiner who
says that he does not do IMC training as "it's a real pain even in a normal
aircraft. Getting any sort of instrument approach is difficult".
The 'lack of accident'  statistics speak for themselves - we must continue
to see the IMC used and trained to improve safety.

Thanks for the replies so far.
Steve Pitt
G-SMDH
PS What do the Commercial I/R pilots think of the subject?