Re: Europa-List: IMC rating

Subject: Re: Europa-List: IMC rating
From: Alan <aopd37@dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:36:26

Question I have is this:

VFR flight does not require in sight of surface.

The vanilla UK PPL restricts pilots to 'Insight of Surface' in other
words you cannot climb in VMC through a hole on top of cloud, remain
above cloud out of sight of the surface and then come down through a
hole in the cloud remaining VMC.

The IMC rating removes this restriction from the UK PPL Licence.

Therefore with no IMC a UK PPL is restricted at all time to insight of
surface - correct?

AlanB