Re: Europa-List: IMC rating

Subject: Re: Europa-List: IMC rating
From: Bob Hitchcock <robert.hitchcock@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:56:12

Yes. That's how it stands currently. The words have subtly changed over the
years but the rule no is:

 No IMC rating:                   Then remain in sight of the ground at all
times

Remember  that to exercise the privileges of the rating you must be in a
suitably equipped and approved aircraft. Have the appropriate kit in my
Europa and the IMC rating, however as the aircraft is on a LAA Permit  it
disqualifies itself as a suitably equipped and licenced aircraft.

In my view the UK IMC rating is a beautiful qualification that should
remain. Some of the latest news from the current debates is now more
encouraging in that the European authorities will allow the UK IMC rating to
remain for another 4 years, at least, (Meantime we persuade our European
brothers to move in our direction).

Please sign the petition to keep the IMC rating. One day skills gained  by
training for the  qualification by just make the difference between a happy
flight and an unhappy one

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/IMC-Rating/

Bob Hitchcock

G-BWON