Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912/914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912/914
From: Simon Smith <yxh56@ukgateway.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:21:32
Craig,

All three engines use the same crank and con rods.  The crank is not a
solid forging but is made up from various components in a special
press (hence the rods cannot be changed).  I have seen the result of a
914 that took off with the TCU switched off and the crank was
twisted.  I would suggest that a 912s with a turbo might not provide
sufficient margin of safety.

cheers

Simon