Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912/914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912/914
From: Simon Smith <yxh56@ukgateway.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 21:13:51
Not Correct!

 From the Rotax aircraft website at www.rotax-aircraft-engines.com
Both the 912 and the 914  are 1211cc and 9:1 ratio.  The 912S is
different at 1352cc and 10.5:1

All three use the same crankshaft and connecting rods (they are a
single unit and cannot be separated) p/n 888164.  The 912 and 914 used
79.5mm dia piston p/n 996549 and the 912S uses 84mm p/n 88838.  there
is also a difference in the piston pins and rings.  Some earlier 912
and 914 engines use crank p/n 996583.

cheers

Simon