Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912/914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912/914
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:25:55
Curtis & other Europaphiles,

Oops, hit the wrong button on that previous transmission.

The main difference between the 912 and 914 are different compression
ratios due to the different pistons and (I believe) connecting rods.
The three engines 912, 912S and 914 all have different compression
ratios.

Of course, the exhaust systems are quite different due to the
presence of the turbo.

There are also differences in the lube system to support the special
lubrication needs of the turbo.

There may be other differences.

Good building and great flying,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
(90%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch
system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in,
Fuselage Top on, lift/drag/flap pins in, wing incidence set, tie bar
in, flap drive in, Mod 70 done.  Baggage bay in.  Flaps & Main Gear
complete.  Mod 72 complete.  Instrument panel complete, except for
testing.  Rotax 914 installed (for the 3rd time).  Airmaster Prop
installed.  Electrical complete, except for testing.  Fuel system
complete except for testing.  Working in - 32 Tail, 34 Door Latches &
35 Doors, 37 Interior & Finishing.  Airmaster arrived 29 Sep 05.
Seat arrived from Oregon Aero.  E04 interior kit has arrived and is
being installed.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123