Re: Europa-List: rudder cable protection

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rudder cable protection
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:31:40

Fred, Nylaflow has worked perfectly for me x 6yrs. It's standard practice in
glider dating back to the invention of Nylaflow. Although there is an
inspection issue, my inspector (who is a professional glider repair
engineer), tells me that cable wear in the protected bits is significantly
less than in the exposed bits running over wheels or other bearing points.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ