RE: Europa-List: rudder cable protection

Subject: RE: Europa-List: rudder cable protection
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 02:25:54

Fred,

I and others have done same. Tube is attached to tunnel sides with P-clips. Have
not had any problems and wouldn't expect any.

Karl

________________________________

From: rlborger@mac.com
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:46:04 -0600

Fred,

I used Nyloflow tubing to cover the rudder cables from the firewall to well aft
of the wheel well.  Since I'm not quite flying yet, I can't comment on the
efficacy
of the treatment.

Good building and great flying,

Bob Borger

Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S

http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL

(90%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch system in,
landing
gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in, Fuselage Top on,
lift/drag/flap
pins in, wing incidence set, tie bar in, flap drive in, Mod 70 done.
Baggage bay in.  Flaps & Main Gear complete.  Mod 72 complete.  Instrument
panel complete, except for testing.  Rotax 914 installed (for the 3rd time).
Airmaster Prop installed.  Electrical complete, except for testing.  Fuel system
complete except for testing.  Working in - 32 Tail, 34 Door Latches & 35 Doors,
37 Interior & Finishing.  Airmaster arrived 29 Sep 05.  Seat arrived from
Oregon Aero.  E04 interior kit has arrived and is being installed.

3705 Lynchburg Dr.

Corinth, TX  76208

Home:  940-497-2123

Cel:  817-992-1117