Europa-List: Europa Aircraft - Service Bulletin 15

Subject: Europa-List: Europa Aircraft - Service Bulletin 15
From: David.Corbett <david.corbett5@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 11:17:44
Service Bulletin 15 requires application of Loctite 603 (after degreasing)
to the surface of TP4 in certain places.

My aircraft, serial 265, was built according to a Manual dated January 1996.
Chapter 24, page 24-3, required an inspection panel of 4" circumference at
the rear of the fuselage, and that is what I built into my aircraft.

Can anyone suggest how I can carry out SB 15 through this 4" hole, which is
of course reduced in internal diameter by the tabs that hold the retaining
screws? There is no way that I can reach TP4 and its fittings, even with my
very skinny arms.

I could, of course, climb into the fuselage, lying on multiple cushions, etc
- but I doubt if I would ever get out again! I had quite enough trouble
doing that when I did Mod 70 a few years ago.

How are other owners with 4" inspection holes carrying out this SB?

I know some aircraft have 5" holes there - including one here at Shobdon
which is much older than mine.

Any ideas will be most welcome - thank you all.

David

UK 265   G-BZAM   460 hrs