RE: Europa-List: Re: Digital Readout Engine Gauges

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Digital Readout Engine Gauges
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:33:57

C.L.E.A.R.O.F.F

Compass and DI aligned, flying correct heading
Location. Fix your position
Engine, T's & P's where they should be
Altitude. Correct for plan/heading, and current airspace clearance.
Radio, Correct frequency, still working.
Oxygen (pressurisation)
Fuel, contents sufficient for remaining flight time, correct tank (if
required)
Flaps both wing and cowl correct

the prelanding one ammuses most new students

BUMFFISH

Brakes, working
Undercarriage, (down and locked/Fixed)
Mixture full rich
Fuel, pump on, contents sufficent
Flaps set, both wing and cowl
Instruments (T's and P's correct)
Security, loose objects secure
Hatches and harnesses set for landing.

Short Final check

PLUFF

Pitch (full Fine)
Landing clearance (granted / runway clear)
Undercarriage, (down and locked/Fixed)
Fuel, full rich, pump on, contents sufficent
Flaps set, both wing and cowl

Line up check

TWAD

Transponder, switch to alt, squark correct.
windsock. Crosswind estimate
Aimpoint, for after takeoff
DI and compass agree with runway heading.

I am sure there are other ones that work just as well, are there any others
people want to share