Europa-List: Re: Digital Readout Engine Gauges

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Digital Readout Engine Gauges
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 03:55:54

> Probably the best type of display is one that combines the two. I am sure
> that it aids more accurate speed control, which is no bad thing,
> particularly in low speed flight near the ground.

In that case, why not use a talking ASI? With one of those you don't have to
look
at the panel at all - you can keep your eyes outside which has to be a good
thing from the safety point of view if you happen to find yourself low and slow.

Obviously, if you are a highly trained pilot who flies lots of hours in glass
cockpits
then digital readouts would probably be no problem but for your average
pilot who doesn't fly so many hours, digital readouts would, perhaps, be less
easy to read quickly than an old fashioned "steam" gauge. Maybe a digital ASI
would not be a good thing but for the other instruments, it probably makes no
difference from the safety point of view whether they are digital or analogue.

Cheers,

Mark

Read this topic online here: