RE: Europa-List: Mod 73 alternative

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mod 73 alternative
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:01:55
yes true, but I believe that the annodes used on outboard motors are zinc,
being more reactive than the alloy
thus the alloy and the nickle should both become cathodes and therefore not
corrode. The annodes are consumed
moderately quickly, but it works quite well.

As to the teflon i see most people in favour of, you may be able to do it
yourself, by using the teflon engine treatments
and boil the parts in the solution for an hour or so. they work well in your
engine too, I used one (NULON brand) in a car
I was having overheating issues in (bigger engine than standard, no room for
bigger radiator) and one treatment dropped the
running temp by around 20c. I use it in all my motors now, even though i
normally run a fully synth race oil as well.