RE: Europa-List: Mod 73 alternative

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mod 73 alternative
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:52:00
A couple of sacrificial annodes would resolve the issue of corrosion I
think, same as on outboard motors for boats
but it is a good point, or if you had the clearance, maybe powder coating
the torque tube, or caster oil, only problem
with caster oil is it remains tacky, as all the data i have seen on caster
oil suggests the only way to remove it completely from a metalic
surface is to machine about 1mm off the surface

you could simulate an accelerated situation by putting the old bush (tp5)
and a piece of the alloy tube in a salt water bath for a week
and see what happens, ideally in the same relation as in the aircraft ie one
inside the other.

just had another thought, maybe a teflon treatment might do the trick on the
torque tube or both if you have done the mod yet
it would make the tube real easy to get on and off too.