Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp scimitar blades (was Emailing: IMG_0410, IMG_0

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp scimitar blades (was Emailing: IMG_0410, IMG_04...
From: Carl Pattinson <carl.pattinson@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:21:38

Mark,

On a mono wheel Europa if you land in a "level" attitude you are heading for
trouble
anyway. The ideal attitude is tail and main wheel simultaneously though
tail first is acceptable.

I emailed Andy on Friday and here is part of his reply

"The largest diameter prop that is accepted for use on a mono-wheel Europa with
the Classic engine installation is 62" (1575mm).  The XS engine installation
places the engine 1.5" higher and therefore a 65" (1650mm) diameter is accepted,
although generally the 64" (1625mm) diameter is used.

On a recent check that I did on ground clearance, if the VLA requirements were
adhered to, then the Classic mono would be limited to about a 56" diameter! "

I also spoke to Conrad Beale and he tells me that the standard Europa Wood-comp
is 1625mm and the Scimitar Wood-Comp is 1650mm. Wood-comp say they only use one
mould for each prop and that the sizes have always been the same.

It doesn't really matter if your Scimitar prop is 1625 or 1650 because
(presumably)
there is more than adequate clearance with the tri-gear setup.

It would be worth knowing what the measured diameter of your prop is - hopefully
its the same as the paperwork.

What concerns me is that Woodcomp says the Scimitar prop is 1650 mm (65") but
your
paperwork (and Williams) says it is 1600 mm (63").

If you don't believe me heres the link to Woodcomps specs.

http://www.ekmpowershop2.com/ekmps/shops/conairsports/sr3000-2-blade-wood--composite-prop-scimitar-blades-316-p.asp

Read this topic online here: