Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp scimitar blades (was Emailing: IMG_0410,

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp scimitar blades (was Emailing: IMG_0410,
From: JohnDHeykoop@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:29:37
IMG_04...

Carl

Andy Draper said the following in a letter he wrote me on 15th  August.

" The Woodcomp scimitar blades are acceptable, however there is an  issue
with the diameter. The maximum diameter propeller accepted on the  Europa XS
monowheel is 64" (1625mm). If you wished to fit a larger diameter  propeller,
you

will need to show compliance with CS-VLA925. Amongst other things  to check,
the ground clearance from the propeller tip with the aircraft fully  loaded, in

a level attitude and with a flat tyre must be at least 230mm."

Andy therefore seems to think you do have to have a minimum of   230mm
clearance with a deflated tyre. However, I agree with your interpretation  of
the

rules, and I think he could be persuaded that with a deflated tyre  the rules
only require "positive clearance".

Regards

John