Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp scimitar blades (was Emailing: IMG_0410, IMG_0

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Woodcomp scimitar blades (was Emailing: IMG_0410, IMG_04...
From: Carl Pattinson <carl.pattinson@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:46:15

Thanks John,

The problem is that we have a Classic Europa which is 1.5" closer to the ground
and it seems that all current propellers (including the approved 1575 mm dia
ones) would not pass the VLA requirements.

I am going to make some measurements tomorrow to check this is the case.

The only way it seems that we could fit the Wood-comp prop would be to upgrade
the front end of the AC to the XS specs - it simply wouldn't be cost effective
and probably cost more than the prop.

The only reason we are seriously considering fitting a VP prop is because of Mod
74 - there seems to be no point in doing this without incorporating Mod 52
(weight
increase mod).

The only other serious option is the air master setup which is the one favored
by the PFA. The Arplast from what I hear is not particularly reliable due to
their
using an underpowered motor.

I was hoping that with William Mills using a Scimitar blade prop on his Classic
it would be relatively straight forward but Woodcomp themselves say this
particular
prop is 1650mm and that they never made anything smaller.

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS

Read this topic online here: