RE: Europa-List: Emailing: IMG_0410, IMG_0411

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Emailing: IMG_0410, IMG_0411
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:27:45

Hi! Carl
The only problems encountered at present is the 20 pages of test details
the PFA expects! If you don't remember to note "chapter and verse" when
doing the test it means doing it again. And I don't like flying with my
"head in the office"! Unable to make any pronouncements about
performance at present except with the turbo engaged the thrust is well
in excess of the MT /Jabiru range.( not proven by scientific means just
the "kick in the butt" experienced when the "taps are opened" on take
off or climb.)
I chose the Woodcomp on the basis of cost, locality for service, and
professionalism exhibited during a factory visit. The controller I have
in use is Mark Burton's Smart Avionics Controller which is working
flawlessly.
The prop. has feather facility (which I haven't used yet!) but I elected
not to have the reverse thrust capability (This is not on the top of the
PFA popularity list !) The MT was an excellent prop. for cooling on the
Jabiru but nevertheless was very expensive, and together with the
overhaul 72 month requirement and price made a change inevitable but my
mind was made up by wrecking it when my nose wheel yoke departed on
landing!

Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG