Re: Europa-List: Trailer tips -ATTN Paul McAll

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trailer tips -ATTN Paul McAll
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:26:56

May I suggest you remove the rubber slings altogether and replace with heavy
duty carpet cut in a triangular shape (actually its diamond shaped before
you fit it) so that there is at least 12 inches of support at the leading
edge. Make sure there is at least 3" clearance between the leading edge and
the base of the sling support (and also pack some foam here in case the
slings stretch).

It is possible to fit a (wide) strap over the outboard ends of the flaps to
prevent the wings from bouncing up and down in the slings. Make sure they
are clamped securely at the root ends and use packing if necessary.

Also make sure the base of the tyre is tightly packed into the U channel
(ie: that it fits). If necessary over inflate the tyre (once it is in situ).
If you dont the fuselage may tip over and the flap tube ends contact with
the top of your wings and dent them. You may consider taping carpet covered
squares to the wing surface where this could occur. If the fuselage is
properly supported in the channel which grips the top of the wheel swinging
arm there should not be that much movement but if not you will need to use
packing strips (glued into place).

Also carry the tailplanes inside your vehicle and not on the trailer if
possible.

Apologies if im repeating what others have said.

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS