RE: Europa-List: Tank leaks

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tank leaks
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@redzone.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:56:23
Hello Alan,

you said:-
> Not sure if my tank was the older type, I suspect it wasn't. But the
support straps were firmly bonded to the tank.   Hope that helps

Having been empty for "far too long" after installation, my tank
(Classic pre Fluoride treated) rattles around in the cockpit module
almost like a pea in a postman's whistle.  The layup of the brackets etc
did not adhere to the tank.

With the revelation of all the cracks in the tanks lately, I am just
curious as to whether there is any correlation between tanks (treated
and untreated) and (brackets bonded or unbonded) to the tanks.

Looks like this matter is almost dead again now so I might just wait
until the topic comes around for its next hearing on the list.

Cheers
Kingsley