Europa-List: Play in tailplane drive - Loctite

Subject: Europa-List: Play in tailplane drive - Loctite
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:36:39
Reference the last few days' thread on the subject of using Loctite to
prevent play in the tailplane drive.

I called Roger at EA04 today, referring to the message he posted on this
forum on July 30th regrading EA04's test of securing the parts with
Loctite, and asked:  "Can I just go ahead and use Loctite?".

Roger's reply was (as a summary, not an exact quote):

Hold on - don't do it just yet.  There is a Service Bulletin coming out
shortly, describing how to do it.  Some people have tried doing it
during assembly of the torque tube, but the problem is that the Loctite
sits so quickly.  Before they had the pieces into their final position,
the Locktite stuck.  The SB will describe how to do it by applying
capillary action, without disassembling the parts.  Probably a degreaser
is to be used for cleaning, still without disassembling.  The 603 will
be used - it is quite thin and of penetrating type.

Regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ