RE: Europa-List: Tail Wheel Bearings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tail Wheel Bearings
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@redzone.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:58:31
Hello Erich,

 > I replaced the original tail wheel bearings with sealed ball bearings
---From a local parts house.  If I recall the O.D was a perfect match,
however, a spacer was required for the I.D.  The sealed bearings are
much quieter than the original and do not require maintenance.

Like yours, the OD of the bearings I used were also a good fit.  How did
you stop the wheel hub from migrating along them ?

I installed a groove with circlips on the inner side of the bearings to
retain them and having not put it all to the test yet, I'm hoping the
circlips will be secure enough for any jarring loads.

Like you, I put a spacer between the inner race.

Cheers
Kingsley