Europa-List: Rough River Fly-in

Subject: Europa-List: Rough River Fly-in
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 08:25:15

Greetings all,

Just wanted to echo my sentiments regarding the Rough River  gathering.

Susan and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new friends and reacquainting
ourselves with others we'd previously met at Sun-n-Fun and at our fly in at TN89
in
2004. Rough River State Park is an ideal place for such a gathering. I don't
know of a better facility anywhere east of the Mississippi.

Susan got some great shots of our, uh, er, "formation" fly by. She's trying
to get them sorted out before she departs for Colorado with her mother on
Wednesday and I've asked her to burn them to a CD so that I can distribute them

to anyone who'd care to have copies. Several of the pictures of our fly-by can

 be enlarged enough to see the faces of the pilots. That new Sony SLR she
has is nothing sort of amazing!

It was tough to leave at the end of the day and I wish we'd have stayed,  but
life sometimes gets in the way or even the best made plans. We arrived back
at TN89 right at dark. Ten minutes later and I'd have had to go  somewhere
else and wait for morning since I neglected to leave my runway  lights set up so

I could turn them on when I arrived.

Kudos' to Paul, Jeff and anyone and everyone else who made this  event
happen. Mighty fine job, guys!

Can't wait to do it again!

Just to plant a seed, fall is coming and IMHO that is a fine time to visit
the panhandle of Florida for some shrimp. How about a "Drop of the Hat" fly out

 rendezvous, American style? Gulf Shores? Pensacola? I can taste those Gulf
shrimp now.........

Regards,

John Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)