Re: Europa-List: Rough River Fly-in

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rough River Fly-in
From: wdaniell@etb.net.co
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 12:56:41

Where is rough river?
Will

-----Original Message-----
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com

Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 08:25:15
To:europa-list@matronics.com
Subject: Europa-List: Rough River Fly-in

Greetings all,

Just wanted to echo my sentiments regarding the Rough River  gathering.

Susan and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new friends and reacquainting  ourselves
with others we'd previously met at Sun-n-Fun and at our fly in at = TN89  in
2004. Rough River State Park is an ideal place for such a gathering. I do= n't
know of a better facility anywhere east of the Mississippi.

Susan got some great shots of our, uh, er, "formation" fly by. She's tr= ying
to get them sorted out before she departs for Colorado with her mother on
Wednesday
and I've asked her to burn them to a CD so that I can distribute t= hem
to anyone who'd care to have copies. Several of the pictures of our fly-by c=
an  be enlarged enough to see the faces of the pilots. That newSony SLR sh=
e  has is nothing sort of amazing!

It was tough to leave at the end of the day and I wish we'd have stayed= ,  but
life sometimes gets in the way or even the best made plans. We arrived b= ack
at TN89 right at dark.Ten minuteslater and I'd have had to go  somewhere else
and wait for morning since I neglected to leavemy runwa= y  lights set up so
I could turn them on when I arrived.

Kudos' to Paul, Jeff andanyone and everyoneelse who made th= is  event happen.
Mighty fine job, guys!

Can't wait to do it again!

Just to plant a seed, fall is coming and IMHO that is a fine time to vi= sit
the
panhandle of Florida for some shrimp. How about a "Drop of the Hat" fly = out
rendezvous,American style? Gulf Shores? Pensacola? I can taste those G= ulf
shrimp now.........

Regards,

John Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)