RE: Was RE: FW: Europa-List: FS 02 Now fuel float balls !

Subject: RE: Was RE: FW: Europa-List: FS 02 Now fuel float balls !
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 08:56:00

Hi! Duncan/Fred
I think I recall that Vance makes 5mm dia. And 3mm dia. Balls  Also that
he sent me three of the small ones (one for good measure ...pardon the
pun!) for about USD $ 10 plus postage. Not a really big outlay ! but
about 10 years ago.
Seems to be a bit of debate about his latest e-mail address though.
Graham Singleton is advising his new address is :- nostromo56@tx.rr.com

I've just Googled "Vance Atkinson Fuel Sight Gauges" and there is a host
of pages recommending his gauges.
However Initially I Googled "Fuel Floating Ball Level Gauges" or
thereabouts and came up with an AAIU Formal Accident Report (Not Vances
Gauge) about such a float ball gauge where the ball had stuck and given
a false reading but probably due to aging of the tubes discolouring the
real meniscus level of the fuel couldn't be seen either! So my points
about stainless wire wool or some such facility to stop the ball
becoming stuck at the top is quite relevant.
Of course it's not possible to weight the damn thing otherwise it will
sink.
I used the 3mm diameter one in the standard Europa plastic fuel tube.
Regards
Bob H