RE: FW: Europa-List: FS 02

Subject: RE: FW: Europa-List: FS 02
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 17:07:55

Hi! Fred
Yes my sight gauge also disappears down the tunnel hole below it,
however since this is the main tank saddle height it means you have
approx two gallons left in the main tank whereupon IMHO you should be
sorting out in your mind where to land! The top of my seat back gauge
also goes into the seat back upright so hiding the full measure too but
it continues to vent diagonally across the tank top to vent into the
main tank vent, any fuel on overfilling then gets to return to the main
tank. IMHO for scope and visibility the Europa plan with the ball takes
the prize.
To see my seat back one I have a small mirror on the dash but to see the
ball it is behind my arm !
I also regularly fill to brim full without a problem except recently
having had my tank top hole undone the gasket settled and needed a fresh
round of tightening !
You could arrange for a small tap to be in line with the factory gauge
except then you have your memory to rely on !
Regards
Bob h G-PTAG

Robt.C.Harrison