RE: FW: Europa-List: FS 02

Subject: RE: FW: Europa-List: FS 02
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 20:06:22

Hi! Fred
You just about got it ! When filling I can't see mine on the seat back
without removing the seat back cushions  but as I say I fill up brim
full just before departure on long flights (don't generally leave it
stood overnight but sometimes do without a problem)
IMHO the main purpose of the sight gauge is to get an actual visual
level reading as a check on instrument produced level and get some
continuity of readings when nearing the final 25% say.
If you are taking a 1 hour flight and don't need a total fill then stick
in 5 gallons .....you just put it in so you know it's there ! What was
already in is security ?   Now .......imagine a massive leak developing
whilst in flight .......then........? Or needing to do an extended
diversion to an alternate ......?
No I wouldn't do my seat back sight gauge should I start over. Without
my mirror I'm looking down on it so not very easy to read anyway.
Regards
Bob h  G-PTAG
Robt.C.Harrison